Monday, May 19, 2014

Creative colouring with Make it Crafty

Hello all!
        Finally got around to making a card for the latest challenge over at Make it Colourful which is all about 'creative colouring'.  You really should check out the amazing transformations from the crazy talented DT - they're so very inspiring and a teensy bit daunting if I'm honest.  Anyway, I decided to give it a go as I do like how these challenges really do challenge you!  I know there's a place for the Anything Goes challenges but I do like to push myself every now and then - it's good for you, so I'm told.

                              I decided to 'change' the freebie digi that was being offered on the Facebook MIC page and I had an idea that a touch of Steampunk would work.  I don't have the option of printing in greyscale on my (cheap) printer so I had to stick to the printed lines of the original digi but I added some of my own lines with a thin black marker and then set to colouring him with my Copics.


    I suppose it would make sense to show you the original digi so you can compare that with my creatively coloured version -  you can find him here.

             Entering this into the challenges at A Creative RomanceLeft of CenterWags n Whiskers613 Avenue Create and Glitter n Sparkle.


Thanks for stopping by!




Pin It

10 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

The image certainly fits the steam punk. Very interesting and creative.

sandie said...

love the steam punk look and such a creative way to achieve it xx

Carla S. said...

You did a fabulous job with the creative coloring, Dawn! Love it! I'm still trying to figure out what to do!

Kathi said...

Wow Dawn! You did a great job Steampunking that little Sprite. I especially love the metallic look, the rivets, and the irissing goggles.

Fun card!

Unknown said...

This totally rocks Dawn. Love it!

Dawn said...

Wowsers Dawn, you've really rocked this little dude!
Fantastic work!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Exclusively by Mel said...

WOW, that is one cool Boy card, fantastic design! I love it! many thanks for joining us at A Creative Romance, Mel. xxx

Tracy said...

Wow! You added such amazing details to that image. It truly looks steampunk now. Very creative Dawn. Hugs!

Sandy said...

Fabulous steampunk. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create
Hugs,
Sandy

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

That cute little button nose really softens up this tough boy! Love it. Thanks so much for joining us at Make it Colourful x